January 26, 2020
Acting Classes taught by professional SAG actor Barbara Distinti.
- Acting Classes starting January 25, 2020
- 4 Saturdays of 10:30am- 12:00pm classes: Jan 25, Feb 1, (no class on Feb 8) Feb 15, Feb 22
- $30 per class for a total of $120 ($125 if using PayPal or Venmo)
- Classes are in a progressive order, so you’ll want to attend all four
- Age range is 10 to 17 (actors younger than 10 years old will be considered with an audition)
ALL CLASSES ARE TAUGHT AT EMMANUEL CHURCH – 285 Lyons Plain Rd. Weston CT.
NPT is Offering a Performance & Play-Making Class!
We’re a theatre company with a twist, so we’re now offering acting classes with a twist!
YOU’LL LEARN! Students will explore acting techniques, scene work and character development in a supportive and creative space PLUS have the opportunity to create original material through play-making.
YOU’LL CREATE! Play-making gives you the chance to tell your story! It’s the process of making theatre as an ensemble through creative play. Actors explore improvisation, storytelling, costumes and movement to bring original works to life onstage.
YOU’LL PERFORM! Actors will perform at the final class and some of their work will be showcased at the annual NPT Gala and streamed via social media. The final class will showcase your work to your parents/friends.
- Actors who register for these classes will be the first actors considered for our upcoming collaboration with NY City Children’s theatre in the Spring (on Theatre Row) – if parts are available for your age.
- Actors who register for this class will be given $100 discount on the summer’s classes and production of FOOTLOOSE!
- Actors who register may also be chosen to be a part of the Pre-show at the February 8th co-production of “South Pacific; In concert” with the Norwalk Symphony Orchestra.
Barbara Distinti has directed and produced 20+ shows for young actors and taught drama at Easton Country Day School and the University of Pittsburgh. She is also the founder of Acting Up Theatre Company – an adaptive theatre group for young actors with disabilities. She received her MFA in Theatre Performance from the University of Pittsburgh and studied with The Groundlings, Larry Moss (acting) and Florence Riggs (voice) in Los Angeles. Barbara performs locally with New Paradigm Theatre, Connecticut FilmWorks and Stray Kats Theatre Company and is a member of SAG-AFTRA. Regional theatre credits include Two Gentlemen of Verona, Cymbeline, Tartuffe, Othello, Evita, A Funny Thing…Forum, A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Pirates of Penzance and an original comedy sketch series at the Improv in Hollywood. Barbara directed, wrote and starred in the short film House of Fury, which won Audience Choice award at 48 Hr. Film Project and was selected for film festivals in Connecticut, New York and Chicago. She also directed A Coming Out Homecoming, which was selected for film festivals in New York, Hawaii and Australia.
After you have paid please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to be sure we have received it!
Register with these payment options: (venmo and paypal = $125)
Venmo: New Paradigm Theatre, @NewParadigm-Theatre
If you send a check, it must reach our office by January 17th: (check amount= $120)
New Paradigm Theatre Company, Inc.
c/o Martin, DeCruze & Company, LLP
2777 Summer Street, Suite 401
Stamford, CT 06905