NPT Youth Board
The New Paradigm Theatre (NPT) is a nonprofit, professional theatre with a leadership mentoring program that includes a Youth Board of teens aged 13-19.
These youth apply to be on the Youth Board of Directors and run the board exactly like the adult board of directors. They meet every month to discuss policy, fundraising events, and how to manage a nonprofit.
They are masters of social media and handle:
- Fund and business development experience
- Public speaking development
- Master level mentoring
- Broadway/TV/Film star mentoring access
- Production and performance in NPT shows and events
- Satisfy volunteer credits and/or service learning for school
- A great resume-builder
- Professional recommendation letters from staff and entertainment professionals
The Youth Board champions NPT’s Sustainable Harmony © program, an initiative that inspires local commitment and caring–and an altruistic revolution towards interdependence as social currency by way of artistic performance, collaboration, and mentorship. The video below speaks on behalf of Sustainable Harmony, and was created by a Youth Board member.
Our Current Youth Board
If you have a teen who would like to apply please write to email@example.com with your interest.
Some recent NPT Youth Board events include: Soup kitchen, Singing at a Blue Fish game, Performing at the Zoo (for Center for Family justice), our monthly meetings, attending production meetings for our Peter Pan production.