SUSTAINABLE HARMONY AND THE OLIVER EXPERIENCE!
Sustainable Harmony is a theatre arts education outreach program, leading to project-based learning collaborative showcases and/or performances to foster community building and cultural access for individual life success.
Sustainable Harmony mobilizes Broadway, Film, TV and Radio professionals as master teaching artists and mentors for youth and community development.
Sustainable Harmony’s purpose is to foster creative leaders and global citizens for life success and to provide arts access because “you can’t be what you can’t see” (Marie C. Wilson of The White House Project).
This year we continue to focus much of our efforts on Bridgeport youth with the help of our partners the Bridgeport Council of Churches, the Bridgeport Business Council the Bridgeport Health Department and all others who wish to join us in making a difference for this community through the power of the arts.
Two simple ways for SPONSORS to “get on the NPT bus” …in BRIDGEPORT!!
“A Theatre on the Move”. Everywhere the SUSTAINABLE HARMONY bus goes, our donors go with us. NPT diversifies your private donations and sponsorship contributions to the various Sustainable Harmony projects including:
- SUSTAINABLE HARMONY Any major donation, small or large, made to this program helps to fund our educational outreach and community development. See: Outcomes Report for last year’s impactful outcomes of over 600 students reached.
For the 2016 calendar year NPT is mobilizing its professional Broadway/Film/TV and Radio master teaching artists to the following initiatives with a special focus on Bridgeport:
- Bridgeport Council of Churches: Project Learn in 4 community-based centers (Salem Lutheran Church, Marina Village, United Congregational church, Summerfield United Methodist
- Center for Family Justice (Music therapy) Bridgeport
- United Way of Coastal Fairfield (Youth Summit and “Bridgeport Prospers)
- Housatonic Museum (Bridgeport)
- BuildON (Global youth service) Bridgeport division
- Collaborative Showcases & Performances: So Ya Wanna Be a Broadway Star, Holiday show (Fairfield Theatre Company)
- NPT Youth Board of directors- Youth learning service projects: Documentary Youth VLOG, Blog ( Teens from Milford down to Stamford)
- NPT College intern mentoring programming: Mentoring and Sunday Spotlight Seminar (UConn, Univ. Hartford, Univ Bridgeport, Housatonic Community College, Southern CT State)
2. THE OLIVER EXPERIENCE – Specific “producer” donations allow students from all of the above nonprofit groups to participate in this socially conscious and updated version of the musical Oliver. NPT’s hallmark collaboration with nonprofits and with Broadway stars will be featured. The musical will be updated to reflect the real issues of today’s homeless, hungry and abused and will shine a spotlight on the missions of the participating nonprofits.